At Broomfield Days Good News Community Church and Lead Pastor, Matthew Fite, handed out over 1,200 tickets to this movie, “Lord, Save Us from Your Followers.” He talked with a few hundred people, from all different walks of life –black, white, Hispanic, Asian, male, female, gay, straight, kids, teen, parents, grandparents, single, married, divorced, seeker, Christian, Muslim, atheist– and everyone asked the same question, “what’s this movie about?” His response to each and every person was the same, “If the story of Jesus is the story of love, then why does it cause so much division? Why is it something that we fight about, rather than talk about? Why do people put up their armor and make “bumper-sticker” statements, rather than talk through the issues. You and I may not see eye-to-eye, but the reality is that we should value each other as people and be willing to hear each other out. This movie is an effort to start people talking.”
This docu-drama touches on all sorts of hot button topics, such as religion, sex, politics, social justice, and pop-culture. It utilizes a broad array of interviews, man-on-the-street bits, hilarious animation, and “I've never seen that before" stunts. You can see a trailer for the movie and get more information at www.squidoo.com/LordSaveUs. This movie will give you and your friends plenty to think about and talk about.
Good News will be showing the movie two times. Once on Sunday, October 19th, at 9:30 am at the church building (childcare will be available for your little ones.) The second showing will be on Wednesday, October 22nd at 6:30 pm at the Broomfield Auditorium (in the same building as the Broomfield Library). And of course there will be pop-corn at both showings.
I’m really looking forward to what kind of discussions this movie will spark. My hope and prayer is that somewhere in the midst of these discussions, people will be eternally impacted by the story of love and will accept Jesus Christ as their savior.

Pastor Matthew Fite
Lead Pastor
Good News Community Churhc

Views: 35

Attachments:

Reply to This

Milestones

Milestones are back up! You can submit and view engagements, wedding, anniversaries and birth announcements at Prairie Mountain Media's Milestones form. Obituaries can also be found at DailyCamera.com at dailycamera.com/obituaries.

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Matt Flood.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service