So whats this I hear about the city cancelling the Festival in the park this year?

That thing has been going on since the summer I was born!
I remember my 10th birthday we went to the Pancake breakfast and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me, and my 12th, 13th, and 16th. I have spent almost every birthday celebrating at the festival in some way or another because they have always been the weekend of my birthday. Now that I am about to have my 31st and will have moved back to Colorado for the first time in 6 years, theyre not going to have it?

I can understand the mess it makes, and if it cost's the city some money but then why cant they ask the citizens for help? I would have gladly donated just to keep the Festival alive.

Thats a Fort Morgan tradition I was not prepared to see die..

Our poor little town, what's to become of you?!

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think it was the city that decided to cancel the Festival, and they are not the governing body that has been financially responsible for this event in the past.
Well city council then, I heard it from someone that has worked it and helped set up for it the last 5 or more year's. I would think they would want to encourage revenue coming in to morgan, not discourage it. Our little town is boring and stagnant enough, thats why allot of us young people move away!
It's obvious, isn't it? The city needs the money so they can pay the guys that rip up the roads and leave the chunks unpaved for months at a time. And to pay the police to show up at your door at 10:30 at night to give you a warning for not shoveling your snow because you've had the flu.That takes some serious money...Maybe they plan to take that money and use it to try to control the horrible smell coming from the sugar beet factory. Nothing says "Move to Fort Morgan!" like that smell finding it's way into your nasal passages.Or better yet they could use some of the money to buy the K-Mart building that is destined to sit empty for the next 20 years. Just ask any one that lives in Greeley how long it took to sell theirs.
You know it isn't the city workers who leave the streets torn up, its not their choice to leave them like that. They are just out there doing what they are told. So i wouldn't place the blame on them when you don't know who makes the decisions. But I do agree about the cops showing up at your door wondering why you didn't shovel the snow, and if they will ever do something with the old k-mart building, and everyone complains about about the smell in Fort Morgan, thats what that town is known for. Thats not good for the town.
So you are saying the head of the Streets Department isn't a city employee? Even if they were just doing what they were told, you would think they would have the guts to say "hey, we should probably repair that now that we've ripped it up!" to the higher ups. And there are ways to control the smell from the sugar beet factory.http://www.beetseed.com/view_article.php?id=1216 To the guy that was complaining about the Cop letting him know that his garage door open, he was doing you a favor. So you didn't get everything in your garage stolen, if I were you I would send the officer a thank you card.
I never said that they weren't an employee, everyone has a boss that sits in the office and tells them what to, and makes all the decisions. You actually think the city workers who tear up the streets just sit there and say, hey lets tear up the street and then just leave it that way.NO! the don't they have a boss who tells them where the job is and what to do, and sometimes when they tear up the street, they find more problems and can't repair the street right away, do you think that the city people sit there and think of reasons to piss off the town, sometimes things just go wrong. Thats life. Everything can't always go perfect. There are many other things to worry about , than petty things.
Try telling that to my car. I've had to have my car's front end realigned twice because I wasn't able to move around one of their "projects" due to oncoming traffic. So it's not petty when I have to shell money out of my own pocket. I pay property taxes and sales taxes so the people the city hires will finish what they start. Why is it so much to ask that people do their jobs? I can accept that things happen, I understand that. But this business of letting the holes sit for months upon months at a time is asinine.
My gosh people in this town complain about the stupidest things ever, get over it. There are better things to do you know.
maybe you should have stopped and waited for traffic to clear then go around, you didnt have someone from the city holding a gun to your head telling you that you had to go through it. dont get mad at others for your stupidity
you realize that the sugar beet factory is what built that little town of yours
I agree they have nothing in this town but too many cops and bad smells. The police have rang my door bell at 1:30 AM to tell me my garage door was opened. I guess that is a crime these days. They harrass the youth of this town and we are moving out of this place because of all of these things.
Man, I realize what living in a little town like Ft. Morgan is like, I come from there. But all the complaining about stuff that has little importance in the whole scheme of life. If I leave my garage door open really late at night, I'd appreciate it if the cops would knock on the door and let me know. There doing you a favor. Believe me, you won't get that in a bigger city. You need to have your house burglarized once to appreciate what it feels like when a stranger gets into your house. Several years ago we had a runaway kid from Colo Springs get in and take some stuff. Life is what you make it. Chuck Swindoll wrote a piece that sums it up and should make you think. It follows:ATTITUDE
by: Charles SwindollThe longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

RSS

Milestones

Milestones are back up! You can submit and view engagements, wedding, anniversaries and birth announcements at Prairie Mountain Media's Milestones form. Obituaries can also be found at DailyCamera.com at dailycamera.com/obituaries.

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Matt Flood.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service