The "I Have a Dream" Foundation of Boulder County" joined the country last week, March 10-18, to recognize AmeriCorps Week in effort to communicate the value and effectiveness of AmeriCorps members' service to local and national communities. In addition to their daily roles serving the low-income youth of Boulder County, AmeriCorps Members from "I Have a Dream" teamed up with Wildlands Restoration Volunteers and the City of Boulder Open Spaces and Mountain Parks to restore a natural grassland habitat in the South Grassland HCA on Thursday, March 15th. Each year, AmeriCorps Week provides the opportunity for members, alums, grantees, program partners, and friends to salute the work done by members and to motivate more Americans to serve their communities. 

The AmeriCorps program at "I Have a Dream" began in 2001 in partnership with the Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, enabling the service of more than 160 AmeriCorps members in the years since. Today, 19 full-time AmeriCorps members serve student-Dreamers at "I Have a Dream" learning centers in Boulder, Lafayette, and Longmont, and in cooperative assignments with Boulder Prep High School and the University of Colorado. Members support the organization's mission by providing college and career guidance, mentor and tutor recruitment and training, grant writing, fundraising and special event coordination, and marketing, web design and social media outreach.

The "I Have a Dream" Foundation of Boulder County relies on many volunteers, chief among them the dedicated men and women who work for the program through their service with national volunteer program AmeriCorps. AmeriCorps, established in 1994, works with more than 15,000 nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country and has placed more than 80,000 men and women in intensive volunteer service each year.  

For more information on the AmeriCorps program at the "I Have a Dream" Foundation of Boulder County, contact Cathie Williamson, Vice President of Programs and AmeriCorps Site Director, at 303-444-3636 ext. 12 or by email at   cathie.williamson@ihaveadreamboulder.org.

Views: 128

Reply to This

Milestones

Milestones are back up! You can submit and view engagements, wedding, anniversaries and birth announcements at Prairie Mountain Media's Milestones form. Obituaries can also be found at DailyCamera.com at dailycamera.com/obituaries.

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Matt Flood.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service