As the end of the year approaches and you decide what charities to support this year, we hope you will consider the Cottonwood Institute. We accomplished amazing results in 2008 and we could not have done it without the generous support of individuals like you! In these challenging economic times, we wanted to offer the Top 5 Ways To Help The Cottonwood Institute Thrive in 2009 and beyond:
1. Donate before December 31st and double your impact. Whether you have donated in the past or you are a first time donor, all donations made by December 31, 2008 will be matched 100% up to $5,000 through two generous matching gift challenges. If you have already made a financial contribution this year, help us spread the word by telling a friend about us. Let them know that you support the Cottonwood Institute, encourage them to visit our New Website, and let them know about our matching gift challenge. Donating is easy: You can Donate Online or send in a check made payable to Cottonwood Institute to PO Box 7067, Denver, CO 80207.
2. Take a 2009 Course or give one as a gift. We have new and exciting 1-2 day Survival Workshops for adults and week-long Summer Courses for high school and middle school students in 2009. Our courses make an excellent gift for children, grandchildren, and adults that want to practice survival skills and make a difference in the world! Visit our 2009 Course Schedule and Register For A Course Today!
3. Shop with a conscience online. In the spirit of the holidays, you can Shop Online and benefit the Cottonwood Institute. Looking for the perfect holiday gift? Consider an Official Cottonwood Institute Survival Kit or Survival Knife. Best of all, we are offering free shipping for the month of December! If you like to shop online, consider using GoodShop to shop at stores like Amazon.com, J. Crew, Banana Republic, Nordstrom, Gap, Macy's, Old Navy, and more! A percentage of each online sale will go to the Cottonwood Institute and we will use the funds to support our public school programs, so you can shop till you drop!
4. Gift of Stock. Let's face it, stocks were hammered in 2008. As you create a new investing strategy for 2009 and beyond, you may want to consider the tax advantages of donating some of the poor performing stock in your portfolio to the Cottonwood Institute. To make a gift of stock, contact your financial advisor to see if it makes sense for you and then call us at 303.447.1076.
5. Wish List. If you are looking for non-financial ways to support the Cottonwood Institute, please visit our Wish List online. From winter camping gear to digital video cameras, you may have something lying around the house that can help support our programs. Don't forget, most donations from our wish list are tax-deductible!
Ford Church, M. A., Founder and Executive Director