In past years, the Christmas holiday season may have been a time of great anticipation and excitement … but this year, the prospect of facing the holidays without your loved one may cause anxiety and dread.
You are not alone.
Here you can connect with support, encouragement and advice to survive the holidays.
Saturday, November 14, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon the Northwest Church of Christ will be holding a seminar entitled “Surviving the Holidays” by Griefshare. The building is located at 5255 98th Avenue in Westminster at the corner of 98th and Sheridan Blvd.
Pregistration is requested. Please call 303-466-8414. Check-in, receiving materials and a continental breakfast will be at 9:30 a.m. The cost for the seminar is $5. Scholarships are available. Child Care will be provided.
For more information go to www.griefshare.org/holidays. This site helps you:
• Discover practical, stress-reducing ideas that will help you face the holiday season
• Find a Surviving the Holidays event near you
• Find out how to begin receiving daily, encouraging emails written for people who are grieving
• Discover why it’s still possible to celebrate this holiday season
• Learn more about the GriefShare program