On September 20, three independent volunteer groups gave up their Saturday to pick up trash and debris along Boulder Creek to help “Keep It Clean ‘Cause We’re all Downstream.”

These volunteer groups organized through the coordinated efforts of the city of Boulder’s Open Space and Mountain Parks and Parks and Recreation departments, the Keep It Clean Partnership and the Boulder Creek Watershed Initiative.

The North Face Boulder store and BCWI/CU volunteers picked up 58 bags of trash along the Boulder Creek and bike path form Eden G. Fine Park to Boulder High School. Along Boulder Creek east of 55th Street, volunteers from the Beta Alpha Psi - NU Chapter collected just under 700 pounds of trash, not including the 5 bags of recyclables.

"I have a whole new perspective on the different types of trash. I know that I will be limiting or cutting out completely my use of plastic bags and Styrofoam!" - Creek Clean up volunteer Ken Fisher.

For more information how you can have your own volunteer creek clean up or start a Stream Team to adopt a section of creek or lake, contact Steve Noud at nouds@bouldercolorado.gov or 303-413-7386.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Milestones

Milestones are back up! You can submit and view engagements, wedding, anniversaries and birth announcements at Prairie Mountain Media's Milestones form. Obituaries can also be found at DailyCamera.com at dailycamera.com/obituaries.

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Matt Flood.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service