Phone: 303-444-3636, Ext. 16
Cell: 303-669-8831
Email: Lori.Canova@ihadboulder.org

PREPARING TO ENTER COLLEGE AND THE WORKFORCE
Dreamers to attend conference to learn skills for college and obtaining meaningful employment.

Now that the school year has drawn to a close, Dreamers in the “I Have a Dream” high-school drop-out prevention program are gearing up for another chapter in their lives: attending college and becoming productive citizens in the workforce. The “I Have a Dream” Foundation of Boulder County strongly encourages and helps Dreamers to attain the resources and attributes necessary for self-sufficiency, as well as prepare the Dreamers to achieve meaningful employment.

Friday, June 20th 2008, Dreamers will participate in a mini conference that will teach them the necessary skills for getting a job and keeping it. College in Colorado’s motivational speaker, Lance Carl has graciously agreed to talk to the students at 11am. From 1:30pm to 3pm, Boulder County Workforce will put on an interactive workshop for Dreamers covering job attainment and retention.

“We are pleased to see our Dreamers participate in such an event that will truly enrich their lives and leave them with applicable skills they can use,” Lori Canova, CEO of “I Have a Dream” stated.

WHO: Dreamers, College in Colorado Lance Carl and Boulder County Workforce
WHAT: Dreamer Mini Conference on entering college and the workforce
WHEN: Friday, June 20th, 2008, 10am to 3pm
WHERE: Angevine Middle School, Lafayette, CO

GREAT PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES FROM 11AM TO 3PM

About “I Have a Dream” Foundation of Boulder County:
Since 1990, the “I Have a Dream”® Foundation of Boulder County has helped 400 children from low-income areas achieve their education and career goals by providing long-term personal and academic support, tutoring, mentoring and four-year tuition-assistance scholarships to each graduating student. Currently, there are five “I Have a Dream” classes in Boulder, Longmont and Lafayette of Boulder County. The program doubled expected graduation rates for its first three graduating classes of students, and awards over $90,000 in scholarships each year. “I Have a Dream” of Boulder County follows the national model established in New York in 1981 by founder Eugene Lang. Since then, 180 Projects nationwide have helped more than 14,000 students. The “I Have a Dream”® Foundation of Boulder County’s main office is located at 2515 East Sterling Circle, Suite 200, Boulder, CO 80301. For more information, call 303-444-3636 or visit www.ihadboulder.org.
###

Views: 8

Reply to This

Milestones

Milestones are back up! You can submit and view engagements, wedding, anniversaries and birth announcements at Prairie Mountain Media's Milestones form. Obituaries can also be found at DailyCamera.com at dailycamera.com/obituaries.

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Matt Flood.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service