PLAY “FORE” A DREAM, 6th Annual Golf Tournament Expected to Gross $60,000 for At-Risk Youth.

What does it mean to be a Dreamer? “To have goals and achieve them,” says Kevin (9), brother of Dreamer Valerie (14) in the Sanchez class. All year long, Dreamers from the Sanchez and Pioneer classes in Lafayette wait in anticipation for the annual golf tournament at Vista Ridge Golf Club in Erie. This year, 120 golfers will be playing for the achievement of these students goals.

Golfers will enjoy a complete round of golf on the luscious and beautiful open-space course, and entry into a few contests. A Silent Auction will be held for all attendees who will have the chance to win from over $7,000 worth of prizes donated by various organizations throughout Boulder County. Sanchez and Pioneer Dreamers will also be on the greens to tell golfers more about the after-school drop-out prevention program and ways they can become involved.

“This event directly benefits the Sanchez and Pioneer classes,” explains CEO Lori Canova, “making it possible for “I Have a Dream”® to provide them with tutors, field trips, scholarships, and more.”

WHAT: 6th Annual “I Have a Dream” Golf Tournament
WHEN: Thursday, June 26th, 2008
6:45 a.m. Registration, Breakfast, & Silent Auction
8:00 a.m. Shotgun Start
1:00 p.m. Awards Lunch
WHERE: Vista Ridge Golf Club; Erie, CO

GREAT PHOTO AND INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES ALL DAY

About “I Have a Dream” Foundation of Boulder County:
Since 1990, the “I Have a Dream”® Foundation of Boulder County has helped 400 children from low-income areas achieve their education and career goals by providing long-term personal and academic support, tutoring, mentoring and four-year tuition-assistance scholarships to each graduating student. Currently, there are five “I Have a Dream” classes in Boulder, Longmont and Lafayette of Boulder County. The program doubled expected graduation rates for its first three graduating classes of students, and awards over $90,000 in scholarships each year. “I Have a Dream” of Boulder County follows the national model established in New York in 1981 by founder Eugene Lang. Since then, 180 Projects nationwide have helped more than 14,000 students. The “I Have a Dream”® Foundation of Boulder County’s main office is located at 2515 East Sterling Circle, Suite 200, Boulder, CO 80301. For more information, call 303-444-3636 or visit www.ihadboulder.org.
###

Views: 7

Reply to This

Milestones

Milestones are back up! You can submit and view engagements, wedding, anniversaries and birth announcements at Prairie Mountain Media's Milestones form. Obituaries can also be found at DailyCamera.com at dailycamera.com/obituaries.

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Matt Flood.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service