It's not every day that Dreamers - low income youth - from the "I Have a Dream" Foundation program have the opportunity to attend a catered picnic. Two Saturdays ago, on July 26th, "I Have a Dream" Foundation of Boulder County hosted the Summer Family Picnic to bring together Dreamers and their families, tutors, mentors, board members, and staff to celebrate the successes and adventures of the extended Dreamer family.

This event was an enormous success and would not have been so without the generous donations from local businesses:

Calvary Baptist Church offered the Dreamers use of their site location, provided volunteers and donated a jumping castle and jousting bouncer for the day. Avid4Adventure donated a rock-climbing wall that all Dreamers thoroughly enjoyed. Noodles & Company donated mac n' cheese, penne with marinara and rice crispy treats for all guests. They graciously delivered all of the food to the picnic site and supplied "I Have a Dream" with catering dishes, plates, napkins and flatware. One Noodles & Company intern also donated her time to help serve picnic-goers. Ben & Jerrys donated three different flavors of ice cream, along with small bowls, spoons, napkins and provided "I Have a Dream" with a transport cooler.

Guests were raving about the amazing lunch, desserts and activities. "We are so glad to be able to continue providing our extended Dreamer family with these opportunities to get together and celebrate one another," said Lori Canova, "I Have a Dream" CEO. "And we are thankful for companies like these who help make Dreamer events spectacular."

"I Have a Dream", a school drop-out prevention program for low-income youth, uses academic support programs, long-term mentoring relationships and the guarantee of a tuition-assistance scholarship to help children achieve their dreams.

About "I Have a Dream" Foundation of Boulder County:
Since 1990, the "I Have a Dream"® Foundation of Boulder County has helped 400 children from low-income areas achieve their education and career goals by providing long-term personal and academic support, tutoring, mentoring and four-year tuition-assistance scholarships to each graduating student. Currently, there are five "I Have a Dream" classes in Boulder, Longmont and Lafayette of Boulder County. The program doubled expected graduation rates for its first three graduating classes of students, and awards over $90,000 in scholarships each year. "I Have a Dream" of Boulder County follows the national model established in New York in 1981 by founder Eugene Lang. Since then, 180 Projects nationwide have helped more than 14,000 students. The "I Have a Dream"® Foundation of Boulder County's main office is located at 2515 East Sterling Circle, Suite 200, Boulder, CO 80301. For more information, call 303-444-3636 or visit www.ihadboulder.org

###

Views: 2

Attachments:

Reply to This

Milestones

Milestones are back up! You can submit and view engagements, wedding, anniversaries and birth announcements at Prairie Mountain Media's Milestones form. Obituaries can also be found at DailyCamera.com at dailycamera.com/obituaries.

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Matt Flood.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service